CALL FOR MENTORS
The Malta Film Commission (MFC) manages the Malta Film Fund with the aim of supporting the development of the local filming sector. Two calls for the submission of applications are open throughout the year and each call is competitive. As part of the support offer to beneficiaries, the Malta Fund has a ‘Mentor Programme’ whereby successful Film Fund applicants may be entitled to mentoring support.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Desirably the Mentor will have the following experience:
- Professional experience in the filmmaking industry or as a practised mentor with a good working knowledge of film and filmmaking and are expected to have a high level of experience in one or more fields addressed by the funding programmes offered by the Malta Film Commission.
- Proven track record relating to Feature Films, Documentary, Animation, Short Films, High Quality International TV Series – processed to commercial release standards, for international distribution for cinema, film festivals and international telecast.
- Ability to work in English.
The mentor will be expected to discuss, develop and mentor selected projects in their area of expertise. Mentors required in various areas including and not limited to:
- Script Consultant/ Script Doctor/ Script Reader/ Script Editor. Mentor is responsible for developing the script editorially and shaping and enabling the creative story and vision of the film-maker.
- Script Consultant/ Script Doctor/ Script Reader/ Script Editor/ Development Consultant/ Producer (with emphasis on the Development phase), Business Developer.
All must have a good understanding of the International Film Industry in terms of knowing the Markets, Raising of Finance, Co-Production, Sales Agents, Distributors, Marketing, Distribution (Audience Research and strategy and Screening, Festival and Distribution Strategy) etc.
Mentor is responsible for helping the team to have a viable shooting script for production, as well as enabling the team to understand the challenges and help them ensure they have a solid business plan and strong strategy to enable the team to have a roadmap for the film before moving into production.
- Producer/ Director/ Editor
Mentor is responsible for helping the team to deliver the highest quality of visual story telling. If you are interested in being a mentor for the Malta Film Fund please provide your CV and accompanying statement as to why you are suited to this role.
HOW TO APPLY
Read the Guidelines below and Fill in the application form, send us your Curriculum Vitae and an accompanying statement as to why you are suited to a particular role. Application can be sent by email on [email protected], indicating “Call for Mentors” in the subject field.