Skip to main content

Training courses now available - Visit Here



Foreigners seeking to work in Malta need to be in possession of a valid employment licence.

The Employment and Training Corporation is at present the entity that processes applications for the issue of employment licences (previously known as work permits) with regards to foreign nationals to be employed in Malta. If you are not a citizen of an EU country, you need an employment licence in order to be able to work in Malta. EU nationals [except citizens of Croatia], EEA and Swiss nationals do not require an employment licence to work in Malta.

Film Service Providers / Production Coordinators of local or foreign film companies seeking to employ foreigners on film projects in Malta are to apply for employment licences for their employees through ETC. Employment licences must be applied for by the employer and not by the jobseeker. For more information visit